The NAUI Assistant Instructor NES-VA002:
Assistant Instructor (AI):
As an Assistant Instructor, you will be authorized to teach all aspects of skin and scuba diving under the supervision of a NAUI Instructor. This is the best possible way to develop your instructional skills. The rating can be a step toward full Instructor, or an end in itself.
The NAUI Assistant Instructor rating is a NAUI leadership-level Licenses. The program is designed to introduce students to diving instruction basics. It also tests individuals in fundamental water skills needed to be capable assistants. Certification authorizes individuals to assist active-status NAUI Instructors in the conduct of dive training. NAUI Assistant Instructor certification Licenses is a highly recommended step in the progression to NAUI Instructor.
Qualifications of Graduates:
- A current NAUI Assistant Instructor is qualified to assist active-status NAUI Instructors in teaching skin and scuba diving during sanctioned diving courses provided the activities and locale are similar to those of the training. Additional training or experience is to be obtained by the Assistant Instructor who desires to assist in highly specialized training activities, such as deep, wreck penetration, cavern or ice dives.
- A NAUI Assistant Instructor can be counted toward student-instructor ratios.
- An active-status NAUI Assistant Instructor who completes a NAUI-DAN First Aid Instructor orientation, who has completed all required NAUI-DAN orientation modules and is using the NAUI-DAN training and support materials, may teach the NAUI-DAN First Aid programs.
- After assisting an active-status NAUI Instructor with at least one complete NAUI Scuba Diver course, a current NAUI Assistant Instructor is qualified, if all other prerequisites are met, to enter a NAUI Divemaster Training Course (DMC) and/or Instructor Training Course (ITC).
Prerequisites for Entering the Course:
- Minimum age is 18 years by the water phase of the course.
- Current certification as a NAUI Open Water Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Rescue Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Master Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification in NAUI First Aid for the Diving Professional or equivalent.
- A minimum of 50 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 25 hours bottom time. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
- Medical Approval - Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months.
- Materials – Contact the NAUI Training Department for current requirements.
This course comes with:
2. Physical Certification Cards
3. Digital Cards
What the student is responsible for:
Students must provide their own scuba equipment including scuba-grade mask, snorkel, fins, and botties, buoyancy compensator device (BCD), weights, tanks, wetsuit and computer.
Contact Freedom SCUBA to personalize the best study option for you!